The World Through Her Eyes

Foreword: My little girl's first lines....She thrusted the Sheet of paper onto my lap, standing on tiptoe.. with small chubby fingers.. nervous eyes "I wrote something dady... can you take-off the milk-shaakes?" Her eyes always become big and flutter twice as she tries to pronounce a new word.. mostly incorrectly.. But those eyes!!! Ahhh!
"Mistakes dear!" said I and started reading running my hand indulgently through her soft tresses. She kept raising her nose to my palm as i brushed her head... It is not important what she wrote.. but in those few lines, I saw the entire creation..in her innocent creativity...My little Krishna!!!!


These are lovely lines, bespeak poetic innocence..
..true experience.. need neither proof nor sense :)

They are original.. and emanate from a precious little chat
with the Maker himself.. Each line so lovely and pure; in fact

Sitting at my banal vocation; I stare in to space.
Wondering what was that lovely scene...
what her thoughts were, which are now efface
how dreamy those eyes; glance all things pristine.

Change not these lines! I say..
for they have just touched God's feet..
I endeavor to vicariously touch those pearl clouds
The blue waters and winding hills

Painted in pink and blue..
All I have is a small glass window;
these eyes of my darling little one
Her eloquent whisper..the soft gush of the wind outside..

To see all that is beauty, through her gorgeous eyes!

Comments

...Aswin... said…
Beautiful..
I can relate to it all the more now that I have a little one of my own.

In his famous work "Mampazham", great malayalee poet Vailoppilli Sreedhara Menon wrote:

"Vaakkukal koottichollan vayyatha kidangale,
Deerghadarsanam cheyyum daivajnjarallo ningal.."

--> "Dear little ones, though you can't group words into sentences,
You are the ones who can see the future.
You are the ones who know God."

Great work, keep it up/
Karthik Sankar said…
kuzhandhayum dheivamum gunathaal ondru :)

Popular Posts