My little girl and I

Me: "did anyone tell u that u have really beautiful eyes?
silent and deep and usually have so much to say"....

I wasnt making a pass... her eyes always make me say millions...

She said gleefully..."hehehe
They said i have big eyes, expressive...thats all"

Me: "They missed so much...
These eyes have the silence of the mountains
and the rustle of the winds all at once...
They have the shine of the sun and the jilt of the stars,
the glisten of the rains and the tenacity of the dew drops..
..Seem to have the depth of the seas and frivolry of the waves..

its a beautiful landscape in itself my lady..
and like the scapes.. it has always been there..
one just has to stand and stare", said I triumphantly...

She wouldn't give up.. her quizzing askew glances peered on..
"...but how did u think of my eyes suddenly??

me: "I dont know...like i said.. there are so many images in the mind
flipping like a movie.." I continued patting her head..

She smiled: "hmm..?" ...and yawned..her lips going into a big pink O...filling her small face up beautifully..

me: (Smiling) "Yes.. You just have to pause a moving picture and watch it closely... there is beauty in every pixel..."
I looked down.. she was already fast asleep, grabbing the teddy with one hand and sucking her thumbs with another.. I separated the thumb and the lip with a peck on her forehead.. and left.. gently closing the door behind me..

Comments

lavanya said…
How do I peek into your soul? Do I read into your lines like an artist interprets his inspiration? Do I read your eyes to drown in the depth of your imagination? Do I read her eyes to try and absorb your vision? Doesn't matter which - there's always umpteen to read and revel in :-)
Karthik Sankar said…
Eyes are indeed the index of the mind. But then I am not sure if you can make much out of the little child. A child's mind is a clean slate, serene and still. An adults eyes would definitely reflect what you have depicted.
Karthik Sankar said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aishu said…
Amazing anna... Lively and creative...:-)
Seeker... said…
I liked the conversation.. Beautiful As usual.. :)

Popular Posts