DSN Experience!


Hi Guys…
Some time in April 08, I had presented myself with a DSN course from Anand Ji. [For the uninitiated, DSN is an ART of LIVING course called Divya Samaj ka nirman]
Until the time I set foot on the floors of NIMHANS gymkhana in Bangalore, I was so confident, that, as I had always done, I simply thought I needed a break and I had given myself a DSN this time. As we heard the sonorous voice of AnandjI bringing our Aum Namah shivaya meditation to a close, the course commenced. The truth that I was destined to be there became more and more clear. There were clear scathing cuts deep into my most secretive inhibitions within the first few hours of the course. It became more and more obvious that the course was a bout of cool grace of the divine raining on me. Throughout the course very crucial shackles of inhibitions like running, dancing, over contemplation and most importantly overconfidence were shattered like pinced porcelain. I was able to feel that I had become life ready. I was a new man. I was a lion in every meaning of the term and I was witnessing myself playing reckless Rambo at my work place. I was happy and I was getting comfortable being able to be daring.
It was not until recently that I came to realize a very important thing. I was still only interested in the importance that DSN had made to me. I remembered that the seva sessions were torturous and ego scathing. I had not been able to break free fro that shackle. A person saying no to me was still a fear. Thoughts like "My karmas, I have to hear no from such people whom I haven’t even heard of!" was still a whine-whine whine in my head. I suddenly felt very weak...I needed my Dr. Chingpong again!
Although Seva was an important part of the course, I had not taken in the full comprehension with me. I soon started feeling wasteful and useless. Doubts about the kriya [which in fact, I was doing more regularly than before] and the master soon followed. I felt like a dried piece of bread soon. Guruji has this way of making me experience what a cloud with a silver lining means. I had subscribed to eSatsang messages and had off late, begun to neglect all mails from eSatsang. That particular day I had just one mail...and over the weekend no mails coming up was indeed a surprise to me...You can guess what the eSatsang mail contained....A familiar call to all the chickens in Bangalore. My heart leapt right to the ceiling when I saw the words [Anand rajendran] and [Bangalore]. My heart beating like a war drum, I read on to the end of the mail hurriedly where the contact info was mentioned. I simply registered. One of those hateful Thursdays evenings when guruji decides to test your patience, work piling at the Nth hour, pouring in, and stuff to complete becoming more critical suddenly. I nimbly postponed all the "critical" deliverables to Wednesday next week and relentlessly shot mails to all stakeholders that I am heading home because of a severely aching back!![sorry about the fabrication Guruji!]
I was twenty minutes behind schedule and I reached the venue puffing and panting with hastily packed intimates and track pants. Resolutely, I walked into the hall nodding to familiar faces. Have you ever experienced a second DSN? Both of which are from Anand ji [You have? then you know what I am talking about...You haven’t? then read on!] the same Namah shivaya meditation and I heard the familiar command "relax...". This command brought out waves and waves of anticipation.. We were then told "whenever you feel complete, you may very slooooooowly open our eyes". I had to use every ounce of will power to prevent my eyes from popping out open. I never closed them again!
This time something new happened. Another of guruji's exquisite miracles. I was almost verbatim with the course contents..and I was listening with all my heart. That made me realize that I was interested with what I can take back from DSN, when I did it the last time. I had not only listened only with my intellect, I was also interested in my own personal benefit. No wonder my seva experience was so pathetic!!! Without any effort from me...none whatsoever..I was actually being overhauled from inside. The DSN course intends not only to make a warrior out of you, but a seva warrior! Every Sutra felt like mallet blows into my heart as I felt chains clank inside my heart. Intent seva thirst spurted out. It was a beautiful poetic experience, people are still who they are..Some of them do the art of living course when it happens...and the others do it later. I was enjoying the different caustic reactions that people give AOL volunteers...Like slamming doors, jutting into your conversation and also into your best smile, letting dogs loose on us, lecturing us on how art of living is not essential for feeding yourself, scolding us for wasting our time in following fake fakirs...you name it, I have heard it all. And guess what? I have smiled through every one of them...smiled so perpetually that I wonder at times why I have to frown at all :-)

THIS IS THE BEST PART

Hey you guys...listen to this one..We participated in the door to door seva for Anand ji's basic course that’s happening from today..And we had the most rocking time ever. Well there are dog stories, and then there is this one! What is the general idea when u have a dog in the house? A sign that says beware of them? or a symbol of a dark and ferocious looking canine? A small board on the gate with squiggly letters in the vernacular? An ostentatiously located kennel with a tell tale chain sticking out? I found nothing here. With the DSN lion thumping energy into my heart, I walked up the doorway..Taking 3 feet long confident strides..I am a 6'1" guy so 2 of these strides took me to the door bell. The owner of the house was apparently a person whose allegiance to sadism is proverbial. He had untied his dog and carefully made it stand behind his car..I have no idea how it managed to stay exactly there...without a yip out of it..And it was actually waiting for me to come abreast of the car. I don’t remember how the attack started. There was a series of baying and howling. About the same time I could feel the canine's bare talons through my terry wool trousers, amidst parallely operating fervourent autosuggestions, prayers, and Sutra recollections. It was funny actually, all I could see visibly was the Owners head partially peeping in from the doorway...I don’t know why the owner owns the 4 feet tall brute, if he is scared of dogs in generals...baying ones in specific! And he was like, "what is it? We don’t want any shampoos" Fighting to keep the smile on my face and my attention on the pamphlet, I was like "there is this amazing course happening in Jayanagar, at a stones throw from your pound...I mean house.." well it is all like a dream now. I was a little sad with guruji that day...my present moment dragged on to 12 consecutive Dog infested houses...they were all cousins[the owners], I think...Why? All untied and untidy dogs...not to mention that the dogs were also distant cousins...but funnily all the 12 different breeds seemed to view me with the same temperament..Which one? The trouser scratching one of course! And whats more, I walked on guruji's side and delivered the introduction to the course in all the 12 kennels...er.I mean houses. We had a rocking time, and I believe we owe it all to where the DSN had clicked into our circuitry, our hearts! We have experienced the difference that seva has brought into our lives...taste the nectar I say, and you will know what I mean
Jai gurudev
Ram

Comments

Reshmi said…
Shall I say welcome to blogdom?
And hope you'll enrich this space on net..And most importantly, keep the linguist in you alive...

Love,
Reshmi

Popular Posts